If your pet has been hit by a car or been in a similar accident, take your pet to the nearest animal emergency center.
If your pet has ingested a poisonous or toxic substance, contact the National Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-426-4435 (available 24/7 in the US).
If your pet has stopped breathing and you are not close to a veterinarian, try CPR.
First Aid Kit:
- first aid book for animals
- conforming bandage (3" x 5")
- absorbent gauze pads (4" x 4")
- absorbent gauze roll (3" x 1 yard)
- cotton tipped applicators (1 small box)
- antiseptic wipes (1 package)
- emollient cream (1 container)
- tweezers and scissors
- instant cold pack
- latex disposable gloves (several pairs)
- proper fitting muzzle for dogs