If you have been assigned to do court-ordered community service work at CAP, please review the following information before calling CAP to sign up for the required Orientation Class.
You MUST attend an Community Service Orientation Class prior to working community service hours at our shelter – NO exceptions.
As of March 12, 2020 all Volunteer & Community Service Orientation Sessions are on Hold.
Orientation is two hours plus one hour of manditory community service after orientation. Dog walking and shelter work is required. Be aware bleach is used. You will receive credit for this time.
Orientations are currently being held on select Saturdays/Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
You MUST wear appropriate clothing:
- Pants must be mid-calf (free of holes or patches).
- No leggings.
- Top must cover shoulders. No tank tops or crop tops allowed.
- No open toed shoes are allowed. No sandals or flip-flops.
- No large earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered by clothing, band-aids, or ace-banages.
- Brightly colored hair must be covered by a bandanna.
Orientation begins promptly at 2:00 pm and it is imperative you arrive no later than 1:45 PM, as the door is locked when class begins.
Anyone arriving after 2:00 pm will have to call and reschedule to attend an Orientation at a later date.
Before calling CAP to see when the next available Orientation Class is, please note the following:
- You MUST be 18 years old – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You MUST bring a printed copy of the paperwork issued to you by the court before you call to sign up for Orientation. Your Orientation date will depend on which court has appointed your community service (i.e. Harris County, Fort Bend County, City of Houston, or “Other Jurisdictions”).
- We will NOT ACCEPT any community service people who have been charged with a Felony, have ANY controlled substance related violations or any criminal charges of violence or animal abuse – WE MAKE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
If you have reviewed and understand the above information and are able to comply, please email the Volunteer and Community Service Coordinator to find out when the next available Orientation is scheduled for your jurisdiction. In the subject line, please include which court/jurisdiction has assigned your community service hours (i.e. Harris County, Ft. Bend County, City of Houston or “Other”).