Thank you for your interest in the community service program at Citizens for Animal Protection. This program provides individuals the opportunity to serve their court-mandated hours while helping to make a difference in the lives of homeless animals.
- Must be age 18+
- Must attend scheduled orientation (no walk-ins).
- Must be comfortable walking multiple sized dogs with different temperments.
- Must be comfortable working in a shelter environment (loud barking, pungent odors, etc.).
- Must be able to bend, kneel and lift up to 25lbs.
- Must have valid government ID (paper/digital copies not accepted).
- Must provide agency documents showing offense, level and service hours needed.
- Must pass a mandatory background screening. Individuals with current, pending or prior charges of Felonies, assault, animal cruelty, controlled substance, sex offender or offenses involving children are ineligible (other offenses may be denied at our discretion). WE MAKE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.