Address: 17555 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77094
Phone: (281) 497-0591
CAP Shelter Adoption Hours
- Sunday - Monday - Tuesday: 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM (7PM June - August)
- Wednesday thru Saturday: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM (7PM June - August)
- Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and July 4th
Daily from 10am to 3:30pm (Closed on Thursdays)
Due to the overwhelming number of animals that CAP receives each day, we cannot accept animals after 3:30 pm. CAP strives not to euthanize healthy, adoptable animals to make room for more animals. There may be days when we cannot accept any more animals because we do not have the space to humanely care for them.
CAP will not allow an animal to suffer due to injury or disease. CAP will not risk the health of the other animals in the shelter by possible exposure to a sick animal. The decision to euthanize an animal is very difficult and is made by experienced, compassionate personnel. All decisions to euthanize are made solely in the best interest of that animal.
CAP will not accept trapped, feral (wild) cats for euthanasia. If you are interested in CAP's Feral Cat TNR (trap-neuter-return) programs please click on "Programs" - Feral Cats for more information. If you trap a cat and do not want to neuter and return the cat to its original location, you can surrender the cat to your local animal control facility.
Prior to coming to CAP please call and we can tell you if we are accepting animals that day.
All animals must be spayed/neutered by the time of adoption. To be eligible for adoption, kittens must be at least 2 lbs in weight and puppies must be 8 weeks of age.
- Every Day: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and July 4th
Happy Tails Pet Supply Shop
Address: 17555 Katy Frwy, Houston, TX 77094 (Map)
- Wednesday - Saturday: 11am - 6pm (7 pm in Summer Months)
- Sunday - Tuesday: 1pm - 6pm (7 pm in Summer Months)