Pet Adoption Fees and Requirements
Adopt an animal from our shelter or one of our PetsMart locations today. Before visiting the shelter, please view the dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits, and other animals shown available for adoption. Please note that not all of the animals in the shelter appear in the site's adoption listings.
Hours for Adoption
Sun-Mon -Tuesday : 1PM to 6:00 PM
Wed thru Sat: 11AM to 6:00 PM
Closed: Christmas Day, New Year's Day, 4th July and Thanksgiving Day.
PetsMart Adoption Center in Sugar Land
Fri : 1PM to 5:00PM
Saturday : 12:00 Noon to 5:00PM
Sunday: 1PM to 5:00PM
Pet Adoption Fees
- Dogs (over 6 months of age) - $99
- 2nd Dog (over 6 months of age) - $79
- Dogs over 15lbs - $99
- 2nd Dog over 15lbs - $79
- Puppies (6 months and younger) - $129
- 2nd Puppy (6 months and younger) - $109
- Small Dogs 15lbs and under - $129
- 2nd Small Dog under 15lbs - $109
- Cat Adoption Fees - $40
- 2 for 1 Cat Adoption Fee - $50
- Kitten ( 6 months and younger) - $79
- 2 for 1 Kittens - $79
- Cat/Kitten Combo - $79
- Small Dog or Puppy/Cat Combo - $149
- Regular Dog/Cat Combo - $119
- VIP (Very Important Pet!) Program: Any animal who has been at the shelter for more that 2 months can be adopted for 50% of regular adoption fee.
- Special Senior Citizen (60 yrs +) Adoption Fee - No charge (adopt an animal 5 yrs or older)
- 50% of adoption fees waived for active and retired military personnel and military veterans.
- Bunnies - $40 or 2 Bunnies - $60
- Guinea Pigs $20 or 2 guinea Pigs - $30
- Ferrets $89
- Hamsters/Rats/Gerbils - $10
- Iguanas - $65
- Call for information on birds.
CAP adoption fees include a variety of services - age-appropriate vaccinations, canine heartworm and feline leukemia tests, spaying/neutering, deworming treatment, microchipping to name a few - the total value of which exceeds $400. In addition, these minimal adoption fees cover only part of the each animal's stay at our shelter - please help us keep adoption fees low while maintaining the high quality of care for the animals in our charge by donating and/or volunteering.
Pet Adoption Requirements
- 18 years of age with a current Drivers License or ID
- Proof of current address
- Landlord approval if you rent
- Permission of all adults living at the residence
- Other animals residing with you must be current on vaccinations and dogs must be on heartworm prevention