Pet Adoption Fees and Requirements
Adoption Information Hours / Maps Adopt an animal from our shelter. Before visiting the shelter, you can view the dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits, and other animals shown available for adoption. Please note that not all of the animals in the shelter appear in the site's adoption listings.
Hours for Adoption
Sun-Mon -Tuesday : 1PM to 6:00 PM
Wed thru Sat: 11AM to 6:00 PM
Closed: Christmas Day, New Year's Day, 4th July and Thanksgiving Day.
Pet Adoption Fees
- Dogs (over 6 months of age) - $99
- 2nd Dog (over 6 months of age) - $79
- Dogs over 15lbs - $99
- 2nd Dog over 15lbs - $79
- Puppies (6 months and younger) - $149
- 2nd Puppy (6 months and younger) - $129
- Small Dogs 15lbs and under - $149
- 2nd Small Dog under 15lbs - $129
- Cat Adoption Fees - $50
- 2 for 1 Cat Adoption Fee - $50
- Kitten ( 6 months and younger) - $84
- 2 for 1 Kittens - $84
- Cat/Kitten Combo - $84
- Small Dog or Puppy/Cat Combo - $179
- Regular Dog/Cat Combo - $129
- VIP (Very Important Pet!) Program: Any animal who has been at the shelter for more that 2 months can be adopted for 50% of regular adoption fee.
- Special Senior Citizen (60 yrs +) Adoption Fee - No charge (adopt an animal 7 yrs or older)
- 50% of adoption fees waived for active and retired military personnel and military veterans.
- Bunnies - $45 or 2 Bunnies - $65
- Guinea Pigs $20 or 2 guinea Pigs - $30
- Ferrets $89
- Hamsters/Rats/Gerbils - $10
- Iguanas - $65
- Call for information on birds.
- CAP offers 50% off adoption fees for veterans (proof of eligibility required)
CHECK THE MAIN PAGE FOR ANY ADOPTION PRONOTION S AND EVENTS THAT MAY BE TAKING PLACE.
CAP adoption fees include a variety of services - age-appropriate vaccinations, canine heartworm and feline leukemia tests, spaying/neutering, deworming treatment, microchipping to name a few - the total value of which exceeds $400. In addition, these minimal adoption fees cover only part of the each animal's stay at our shelter - please help us keep adoption fees low while maintaining the high quality of care for the animals in our charge by donating and/or volunteering.
Pet Adoption Requirements
- 18 years of age with a current Drivers License or ID
- Proof of current address - DL License, Utility Bill, Mail, Car Insurance, etc.
- Landlord approval if you rent - please verify with your landlord what breed or size restrictions may be in place.
- Permission of all adults living at the residence
- Other animals residing with you must be current on vaccinations and dogs must be on heartworm prevention