Adopt an animal from our shelter! Before visiting the shelter, you can view the dogs and puppies, cats and kittens, rabbits, and other small animals shown available for adoption in our online adoption listings. Please note that most, but not all of the animals in the shelter appear in the site's adoption listings. CAP attempts to work with everyone who is interested in adopting an animal and giving it a new forever home, however CAP does reserve the right to refuse an adoption application for reasons including, but not limited to: false information is given, background checks cannot be verified, current identification and address cannot be verified or if the adoption is not in the best interest of the animal and the adopter.
Hours for Adoption
(Note: Intake hours are different than adoption hours.)
Sun-Mon -Tuesday: 1PM to 6PM
Wed thru Sat: 11AM to 6PM
Closed: Christmas Day, New Year's Day, 4th July and Thanksgiving Day
Pet Adoption Fees
- Dogs over 15lbs - $99
- Puppies (6 months and younger) - $129
- Small Dogs 15lbs and under - $129
- Cats (up to 5 years) - $50
- Senior Cats (5+ years) - $25
- Kittens ( 6 months and younger) - $84
- Bunnies - $45 or 2 Bunnies - $65
- Guinea Pigs $20 or 2 guinea Pigs - $30
- Ferrets $89
- Hamsters/Rats/Gerbils - $10
- Iguanas - $65
- Call for information on birds.
- VIP (Very Important Pet!) Program: Any animal who has been at the shelter and available for adoption for more that 1 month can be adopted for 50% of regular adoption fee.
- Special Senior Citizen (60 yrs +) No charge for an animal 7 yrs or older.
- 50% of adoption fees waived for military personnel and veterans. (proof of eligibility required)
- A second dog or puppy, adopted within 2 weeks of the first adoption is adoptable at a $20 discount.
- A second cat or kitten, when adopted within 2 weeks, is free!
- Any dog/puppy adopted at the same time as a cat/kitten will be adoptable at a $20 discount.
CHECK THE HOME PAGE FOR ANY ADOPTION PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS THAT MAY BE TAKING PLACE.
CAP adoption fees include a variety of services - age-appropriate vaccinations, canine heartworm and feline leukemia tests, spaying/neutering, deworming treatment, microchipping to name a few - the total value of which exceeds $400. In addition, these minimal adoption fees cover only part of the each animal's stay at our shelter - please help us keep adoption fees low while maintaining the high quality of care for the animals in our charge by donating and/or volunteering.
Pet Adoption Requirements
- 18 years of age with a current Drivers License or ID
- Proof of current address - Drivers License, Utility Bill, Mail, Car Insurance, etc.
- Landlord approval if you rent - please verify with your landlord what breed or size restrictions may be in place.
- Permission of all adults living at the residence
- Other animals residing with you must be current on vaccinations and dogs must be on heartworm prevention